Re: gnupg problem

Petr Cech <cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 10:55:04AM -0700 , Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > Debian is about a *distribution* and not a random assemblage of
>
> OK, distribution. That's dists/potato/main/binary-<arch>/Packages

If that's the *only* thing that counts as the Debian distribution,
then we have no security team at all!

Debian ought to offer security updates for the stable distribution,
but it doesn't.  Instead, it is only offering security updates for the
packages in the stable distribution.  That's an understandable
oversight, but it is an oversight, and I think it should be corrected.

We are not just about packages, we are about the way they work
together to form a coherent whole.