Re: Security in a shell that starts ssh

I am in a similar situation as Miquel, and was consdering a similar
option... but one thing keeps nagging at me as far as the security of the
setup.  SSH will encrypt all the data transmitted between the "portal"
machine and other hosts, but what is keeping someone from sniffing
everything going from the clear text telnet connection to the Vt100, or in
my case an old Xterminal?

Any one have any thoughts on assessing the risk?  Or a solution to
the situation?Maybe i'm  missunerstanding his situation due to mine...

(i'm currently trying to convice my department to throw out the old Xterms
and let me put in some old PPro's w/ barebones linux installs to replace
them.)

					Thanks!
                                        David Ehle