Re: Kernel 2.4 SOS

Ethan Benson wrote:
> security.debian.org is only for stable, it won't work on woody or
> unstable since they almost invariably have newer versions then what
> goes in security.debian.org.  the fact you have so far seen good
> results with security is mostly chance.  if a security fix has some
> dependency issue, or bug reports, it won't go in unless forced.

...ok you're right, only packages which have not changed in woody would
be applied then

> there is nothing guarenteeing fixes will go in and there is a good
> chance they won't.  there isn't a security team for anything but
> stable.  beware.  of course the same goes for unstable, if you use any
> branch other then stable you are responsible for checking that
> security fixes are getting made and installed, there won't be an
> advisory.

...also you're right :-)
so or so i always have to be aware about my systems and i think i had
luck in the last half year to get the right updates at the right time.
regards
joris

--
SBF Gruppe - http://www.sbf.de