Re: Warning message about /boot/System.map-2.2.19

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 09:01:59AM +0200, Physicman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've also encountered this problem when running a ps after recompiling a
> brand new kernel. Apparently, ps (and probably other applications) try
> to fetch the System.map in / so if you just symlink it to the new
> System.map file it should solve the issue.
> > Feel free not to send your reply to debian-security if my problem is not

no.  there is no need for symlinks to any System.map.  just make sure
there are no symlinks and that you always name your System.map
System.map-`uname -r` it should be in /boot.

using kernel package takes care of all this correctly

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/