Re: Creating a logfile for Netfilter

Tim Haynes wrote:

> FWIW, my approach: assert a log-prefix in your logging iptables rules, and
> install syslog-ng with a regexp match to pick up your prefix (make it
> distinctive, eg 'Catch-all: .*IN=.*OUT=' would probably be precise enough).
>
> HTH,
>
> ~Tim
> --
> The blade cuts clean through                |piglet@stirfried.vegetable.org.uk
>               the island soil,              |http://spodzone.org.uk/
> The years roll back and                     |
>         the world grows small               |

I kinda understand what your saying, install syslog and configure it to divert
logs that match my Netfilter log prefix into a separate file.

ONly I don't quiet know how to implement this, I have installed syslog-ng and
have read the man pages, but I cant seem to figure this one out.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stef