Re: logging request

To log syslog messages to another server just edit /etc/syslog.conf and
direct kern.=info to @<hostname_of_logging_machine>.

You also have to go to the logging machine and setup it up to recieive
logs from other computers by using the -r argument on syslogd. (see man
page)

I would like to make another comment that's not exactly directed to your
post but might help in the future. There are hackers that search through
mailing list and newsgroup archives looking for posts similar to yours in
that you include alot of information about yourself in your sig file. This
allows a hacker to know the name of the firewall manager at your company
as well as some other important details. I could call your main office
number now and perform social engineering. "Hi this is Jon Miller from the
Systems Department, i have to reset your password, what was your old one
again?

Of course nobody needs to know a previous password in order to reset one..
but i'm willing to bet there's at least one user i could get on the phone
that would tell me. Of course this type of engineering goes on all the
time, dropping the name of the director of systems sure makes it sound
more legit.

Also in the future if you post specific questions about your firewall that
include any details about its configuration, a hacker could read that
posting and instead of helping you plug the hole... comprimise your
system.

Hope this helps out in some way.

Clint/schwack