losetup -e

Hi, I have been playing around with loop back file systems recently (mostly playing with Linux-care's bootable buisness card mini CD-ROM linux system...which uses a compressed ext2 file system image) and realized that the -e (encryption) option provides a perfect mechanism for a different project of mine....however the man page says that all the significant forms of encryption are only avalible when using the 'international kernel' and after enabling that form of encryption...so where do I start in doing this?