LDAP, DMZ, private lan

Hello all,

I want to setup a private network behind a firewall.
The firewall also protects a DMZ with www/mail/ftp.

Now, that's the point, I want the users on computers in the priviate lan
and the DMZ to be authenticated via LDAP.
Could you recommend to put the LDAP server into the DMZ or even onto
the firewall?
Or is there a better approach, to solve this?

I thought about a dedicated LDAP Server in the DMZ with only ssh and
ldap ports open.

Please help,
florian

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------