Re: Remote Logging

On Sunday 22 April 2001 11:01, Philipp Schulte wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to use the remote logging from syslogd to have copies
> of the logfiles from about six servers on one special server.
> Is it possible to use this syslogd-feature in such a way that several
> logfiles on the log-server are created?
> For example: syslog.host1, syslog.host2, syslog.host3

I don't think you can do that with stock syslogd.  Based on a quick tour of
the homepage, it looks like syslog-ng might do what you want.  I haven't
tried it, mind you, but the comments on freshmeat seem pretty favorable.

	http://freshmeat.net/projects/syslog-ng/
	http://www.balabit.hu/en/products/syslog-ng/

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.