Re: ifconfig doesn't report Promiscuous interfaces

    Marcus>  Hi, I have the same behaviour on my machine. ifconfig
    Marcus> doesn't show the PROMISC-mode of eth0. Whem I'm using
    Marcus> 'iproute' instead of ifconfig, the PROMISC-mode is reported
    Marcus> correctly:
[snip]

    Marcus> Running Debian 2.1, Kernel 2.4.0 and 2.4.1, not compromised
    Marcus> (cause its running offline... ;-)

Marcus,

I just installed iproute and "ip link show eth0" does indeed correctly
show the PROMISC status of the card. ifconfig still doesn't.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I'll see if I can contact the
upstream author/maintainer.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com