Re: ifconfig doesn't report Promiscuous interfaces

    Noah>  I'm definitely not seeing this behavior on my sid machine
    Noah> (updated today).  Might it be possible for you to reboot to a
    Noah> different kernel?  I know it's not likely, but modules like
    Noah> Knark can cause the behavior you're seeing.

I tried booting to a 2.4.1 kernel that I had kicking around, and I have
the same result: ifconfig doesn't report the PROMISC(uous) status on my
ethernet interface when I start tcpdump on it.

My kernel configuration has no modules enabled, everything I need I just
compile into the kernel.

I'll compile 2.2.18 and see what results I get.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com