Re: NTP security

> See Ultra-Link, http://www.ulio.com/ for a low cost battery powerable
> atomic clock radio receiver.  It has a 3V inverted TTL RS-232 link
> that runs at 2400 or 9600 baud.  Power draw is +3.5V to 15V at 600uA.

Thats pretty snazzy.

> Actually it isn't.  A bi-directional link is usually needed, but it

Ah I was making my observation based on that NTP seems to be designed
around a connectionless protocol that structures itself in a tree-ish
format, kinda like DNS, and that a connection based protocol would make the
structure too unwieldy.  Granted DNS does do some data transfer over TCP
but its not generally needed during normal operation.  At any rate, it
couldn't be done without modifiing the code, and finding somebody else to
peer with who also had a modified server.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"...thats the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle