Re: NTP security

Piotr Tarnowski wrote:

> If not can I limit allowed clients somehow ? (I noticed that DENY on
> ipchains to others than my reference external server limits ntptrace
> usage).

To the best of my knowledge you can't natively (in the application)
control access at the transport level, which is unfortunate.  You can at
the protocol level however.  Get the NTP documentation and read about the
authentication options and the access control options.  To control access
at the transport level you will have to use firewalling rules.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"I was in love once -- a Sinclair ZX-81.  People said, "No, Holly, she's