Re: howto check the integrity of installed packets

The integrity of the files installed can be found in tripwire and aide, that
checksums the selected files into a database... its not the same you ask but can
be usefull...

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Alexander Reelsen wrote:

     Hi

     On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 03:34:14PM +0100, Jörgen Persson wrote:
     > the subject is clear enough... I'm looking for ''native'' support for
     > checking the integrity of installed packets.
     You might want to try the package 'debsums'. However those files are easy
     to change, but perhaps it's a start if you monitor the md5sums files as
     well, or mark them readonly with LIDS, whatever...

     MfG/Regards, Alexander

     --
     Alexander Reelsen   http://joker.rhwd.de
     ref@linux.com       GnuPG: pub 1024D/F0D7313C  sub 2048g/6AA2EDDB