Re: pptp with mschap

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 11:47:05AM +0100, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> John Ferlito wrote:
> Please make the packages conflict (and ppp-mppe should Provide: ppp)
> since it seems to make no sense having both installed. The ppp-mppe
> package should provide everything the normal ppp package does, but with
> the pppd binary having MPPE support included. It's the same case as with
> the slink ppp-pam package.

	That's what I was going to do initially but it creates problems
that I'm not sure how to get around. Basicaly take a package like pppoe
it has the following depends line
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.2), ppp (>= 2.3.10-1)

	Now since it depends on a particular version it will not accept
a provides ppp if a package called ppp actually exists with the required
version number. Thus if you have ppp-mppe installed and you try to
install pppoe it will uninstall ppp-mppe and install ppp instead. I'm
not sure how to get around this.

--
John Ferlito
Senior Engineer - Bulletproof Networks