RE: Realserver 8 & Webinator on Debian

Title: RE: Realserver 8 & Webinator on Debian

> 1. Will they install or are they not compatible. For example, while
> Webinator would work with Redhat 7, Realserver 8 would not. (But Real
> Server 7 did install on Redhat 6)

I've been running Realserver 6 and 7 on RedHat and Debian, and no problems.
I'm gonna install Realserver 8 on Debian (potato) this week. Dont think there
will be any problem but i haven't read anything about it..

> 2. Do these programs pose any security risk. For example,
> Realserver uses
> several port addresses for administration.

I'd use ipchains and block all ports except those needed for streaming.
Maybe open admin-port for your own ip-address if you want to be able to
admin it thru webinterface.

I think you need udp/tcp 7070/8080 open for streaming. If you dont find
it on www.real.com i can check it up for you.