Re: security.debian.org in woody

On Wednesday 07 February 2001 15:06, Petr Cech wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 07:36:39PM +0000 , Robert Lazzurs wrote:
> > Yea, but should this not be something that is put through straight away,
> > should security update really have to wait with the rest of the
> > packages?
>
> yes. testing will wait, because of depends usually, not bugs. As unstable
> goes half day is not really critical. It may even happen unstable has the
> fix earlier, because of new upstream or such, so the bug may not ever
> appear there
> 				Petr Cech
Petr,

you are 100 % right. One of the positively distinguishing features of Debian
GNU/Linux is that it HAS separate trees stable etc. Stable means stable.
Basta.

Greetings,

Lucien
--
This message may contain confidential data intended only for the rightful
addressee. Should you receive it by error, please delete it at once and