Re: Clear screan question

[ Sune Kirkeby ]
> I don't know how or why, but it does _not_ clear the scroll-back buffer
> on my console, "chvt 63 ; reset -Q ; chvt 1" does though.

[ Ethan Benson ]
> you don't need the reset -Q there.  the simple act of changing VCs
> clears the scrollback history.

Sorry, my bad for being unclear.  I meant that the above command would
clear both the scroll-back buffer and the "actual" terminal itself.

> the scrollback history is being kept by the kernel, its not known to
> the various terminal software.  shift page-up is not part of normal
> terminals.

That's just a matter of redefining "normal"  ;-).

Regards,

--
Sune Kirkeby                    | Please forgive me if, in the heat of battle,
http://mel.interspace.dk/~sune/ | I sometimes forget which side I'm on.