Re: connecting to my box

Nathan,

That was not my intention, to 'flame' but possibly 'bitch'. I am new to
Debian and how they do things, and so far it has been the hardest Linux
distribution to
understand. If for anything, I appreciate the people on this mailing list
as they have been beyond helpful. You may consider it a bitching that is
induced by the frustration of not understanding why something doesn't work
to what you've been used to. It's a process of beating your head against
the wall, you only hurt yourself. For that, I apologize to you and others
who were offended.

Have I not liked some things about Debian, I wouldn't have tried for so
long to get things working to my likings. You just have to excuse me, when
I have had everything working perfect [this box used to run a backup
webserver and a slave nameserver]. I like some consistencies about FreeBSD
and chose Debian *because* to me it resembles some of the good features of
FreeBSD while giving Linux its rightful identity (unlike RedHat). All in
all, I am not one to not use something ever.. I would use any operating
system you throw at me.

However, as far as the debian packaging system, I don't like it. I think
that is my opinion and I am entitled to it. I don't have to religiously
like everything. I have had more than a few experiences and don't think I
really like the way it works. My solution was that I will stop using it.

I will remain on the mailing list so long as I am interested in Debian,
and Debian security.

Mohammed Elzubeir

General Access Labs (x2825)
http://www.cas.unt.edu/gal/