Re: Encrypted file transfer

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 10:20:26AM -0800, Tom Marshall wrote:
> Can you use FTP to put precompiled ssh and scp binaries on the machine?
> $HOME/bin is usually a good place.  I've done this before with some success.
>
> ---
> The most effective Windows NT remote management tool?  A car.

The remote machine is a web server with postgres.
On the remote machine, I can use only ftp to put/retrieve data.
This machine does't have telnetd, so... no logins...
Other ports than 20,21,80 are firewall protected.

As an workaround I can change by ftp my crontab over there and the commands are executed!!! :-) I don't need telnet anymore!!!

I think 'scp' is not possible because it asks my password interactively...