Re: GNOME security.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 01:00:55PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Sergio Brandano
>
> |  I am using gdm. Let see how I can do that. Anyway, will this affect
> |  ssh?
>
>   Yes, but you can run Xev (X-in-a-window) and ssh from there.  This
>   is safer as well if you are really paranoid, since then you trust
>   the remote sshd less.

 You mean Xnest?  It's in the xnest package, folks.  (xev is the X event
viewer, and it's in xcontrib.)

apt-cache show xnest

 xnest an X server that is itself an X client.  This allows you to run a server
 within a server; this is occasionally useful for testing new window managers
 and other X clients.
 .
 Xnest relies upon its parent X server for font services.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
DUPS Secretary ; http://is2.dal.ca/~dups/