Re: GNOME security.

 Alexander Hvostov wrote:

> Would anyone happen to know if it's possible (without hacking the sources
> and breaking something) to disable the TCP listen ports that a great deal
> of GNOME apps seem to listen on?

 I have the same need. Also, the following thing occours with exactly?
 the same configuration:

 on i686:

Port    State       Protocol  Service
22      open        tcp        ssh
80      open        tcp        http
487     open        tcp        saft
515     open        tcp        printer
1026    open        tcp        nterm
6000    open        tcp        X11
12345   open        tcp        NetBus

 on ppc:

Port    State       Protocol  Service
22      open        tcp        ssh
515     open        tcp        printer
6000    open        tcp        X11
12345   open        tcp        NetBus

 Is there any particular reason why saft, printer and nterm have to
 appear? I do not want to give that service, and I could not find the
 way of getting rid of them. Also, is X11 *really* needed?
 Feedback welcome!

 Sergio