Re: joining the science team to package spaCy & gensim

Hi Paul,

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 10:35:41AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > I think you can simply work on the existing repositories. New repos
> > can be created under the deep learning team if you like.
>
> I will do that, are there any guidelines for which team to use for
> specific packages or should I ask on the list(s) about it?

No, there is no such guideline since debian science team reuses the
maintainer mail address (alioth) of debian science team.

I tend to put things dedicated for machine/deep learning to the deep
learning team. General stuff to science team.

> One other issue I encountered is outdated embedded code copies
> (specifically cython-blis has a copy of blis), I'd like to solve that
> upstream, do have a GitHub account and would you mind if I CCed you on
> any GitHub issues that I file about this?

The BLIS API and ABI are relatively stable IIRC, so I guess
disentangling the embedded BLIS should be feasible. Apart from that,
just feel free to CC me https://github.com/cdluminate