Re: Dealing with the mess around package hepmc and its reverse-dependencies in Debian

Hi,

On 2018-08-14 18:25, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> Dear Lifeng and other Debian Science Team developers,
>
> I am currently working in Debian to completely remove package multiarch-
> support and all its reverse dependencies. Some of its background can be found
> at https://bugs.debian.org/783898 and [2].

Thanks for working on that. Note however that we can remove the
multiarch-support package from the glibc package as soon as it's not
used in Buster anymore. Otherwise that would prevent migration of the
glibc package from sid to buster. We are almost there.

The plan is therefore to stop building this package in the next glibc
upload. That will leave a few packages uninstallable in sid and
experimental, but given that maintainers have been warned more than
a year ago, I don't think it's really an issue. I'll upgrade the bug
reports to serious at that time.

Aurelien