Re: Re: Bits about Intel MKL packaging -- Higher Priority than OpenBLAS

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 03:31:29PM +0000, Lumin wrote:

> Four symbol links are installed to usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/mkl/
> directory, see [2][3]. Using ld.so environt variable to switch
> blas/lapack is documented in README.Debian [4].

Reading that README.Debian, I realize that your implementation of the debconf
prompt changes the priority to 50. This is not what I had in mind. I think that
the priority should be left unchanged if the user answers yes to the prompt,
but in that case the postinst script would manually select the MKL alternative
using an extra command:

 update-alternatives --set libblas.so.3-@DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH@ /usr/lib/@DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH@/libmkl_rt.so

(and similarly for other alternative groups)

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer