Ferret-vis was removed because the library xgks was removed on licensing grounds; this has since been fixed (found the upstream author at last, thanks
Yaroslav!), but its too late to get xgks and ferret-vis into Wheezy.

Fair enough; I will backport them to Wheezy. Similarly for "zygrib" and the
latest "cdo", both useful packages for Debian/Met.

Unfortunately this means for our users, turning on backports becomes almost mandatory;
but how to best advertise this? a separate metapackage for backports?

Best regards
Alastair

On 2013-04-10 09:38, Ambrose Andrews wrote:
Ferret-vis (under at least "Meteorology") has been removed from Wheezy.

  -AA.

On 10 April 2013 16:31, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi,

I plan to create metapackages for Wheezy next Monday.  So if you are
maintaining packages that are relevant for science please verify that
it is mentioned here

    http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/

in the appropriate section to make sure Wheezy users will get the full
list of scientific applications in Wheezy easily.

Ambrose Andrews
LPO box 8274 ANU Acton ACT 0200 Australia
http://www.vrvl.net/~ambrose/
mailto:ambrose@vrvl.net
voip:+61_261112936
work:+61_261256749
mobile:+61_415544621
irc:{swiftirc|freenode|oftc}:znalo
skype:znalo7
xmpp:ambrose@jabber.fsfe.org|ambrosea@member.fsf.org
diaspora:znalo@diasp.eu
99D8 6FF6 190D BF09 BA55 1E5F DF42 552D 9A90 14D7

--
Alastair McKinstry , <alastair@sceal.ie> , <mckinstry@debian.org> http://diaspora.sceal.ie/u/amckinstry

Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is either a madman or an economist - Kenneth Boulter, Economist.