Re: adding a new file using (d)quilt

Le 12/04/12 12:50, Gerber van der Graaf a écrit :
> Hi, for packaging freefoam-user-doc I intend to include the static file
> UsersGuide.pdf.gz as asymptote is currently broken.
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=668286)
> Also, generating the manual pages for the freefoam package does not work
> for the moment as a2x from asccidoc does currently not work properly.
> The idea is to include these files statically (for the moment until
> mentioned packages have been repaired) using (d)quilt.

Hi,

It's not OK to include a binary file which can't be built automatically.
That's called "fails to build from source in a sane way".

That said, you can't use a diff file to include a binary file. That's
why we now use debian.tar.gz rather than .diff.gz. The right solution is
to list your file in debian/source/include-binaries, see man dpkg-source.

Regards, Thibaut.