Re: RE : Kudos to High Energy Physics packagers (Re: r3479 - /projects/science/trunk/debian-science/tasks/highenergy-physics)

my 1 c

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012, PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> Hello, yes we are preparing a PAN Blend (Photon and Neutron Blend) dedicated to the synchrotron and neutron facilities.

Although I might sound hypocritical, I am not sure if separating out
into a new blend would be worthwhile unless there is something radically
new to be added to it which would not suite the whole Debian Science
blend.  If that happens, IMHO, it would still be great if corresponding
task page in Debian Science blend would stay maintained/updated as
well.

And a separate blend issue imho is almost orthogonal to a having
of dedicated (sub)teams, alioth project, mailing lists etc.

Cheers,
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences