Re: ITP: aster -- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software for engineering simulations

> Da: Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@debian.org>
> Oggetto: Re: ITP: aster -- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software for engineering simulations
> A: "Andrea Palazzi" <palazziandrea@yahoo.it>
> Cc: "Christophe Trophime" <christophe.trophime@lncmi.cnrs.fr>, debian-science@lists.debian.org, "Nicolas Chauvat" <nicolas.chauvat@logilab.fr>
> Data: Lunedì 16 maggio 2011, 09:46
> Le dimanche 15 mai 2011 à 18:50
> +0100, Andrea Palazzi a écrit :
> > in particular, at the moment the package builds a
> code-aster version
> > for every version of python that is found on the
> system, that doesn't
> > seems correct to me;
> Why it does not seem correct ?

Because (I think) is not guaranteed that an executable will work with
all versions of python; and it seems a bit strange to me to have a
package that contains an executable for every existing python version: should it depend on all of the python versions, or what?

But I'm not expert, and if it's right like this, I'll have to take a
look at the error raised when compiling for python2.7... should I also
try with python3.0?

Bye
Andrea