Re: Help needed getting started

Hello,

Le jeudi 31 mars 2011 à 11:47 +0200, Michael Wild a écrit :

> Hi all
>
> I submitted the ITP
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=620135 for ViennaCL (a
> scientific C++ library based on OpenCL), and was told that it has been
> forwarded to the Debian science team. So, it would be great if I could
> get some guidance from you guys, on how to proceed. I essentially have
> the package ready in a local git repository (it is fairly simple, since
> it's a header-only library), so from what I gathered next thing I need
> to do is find a DD sponsoring me, right?
First, some people will review your package and after, that, I (or an
other DD) will be happy to sponsor you.

>  Should I ask for a sponsor on debian-mentors, or here?
Here is fine.

> Anything else I must do/take into consideration?
Yes, could you follow the Debian Science policy in particular the
packaging policy:
http://debian-science.alioth.debian.org/debian-science-policy.html#id227549
and publish it on the git Debian repository (apply on the alioth debian
science team)

Sylvestre