Re: RFS: ovito

Hi again,

[...]

> > I did't do much checking to see where you got it from, but you might
> > want to update the debian/watch file as well.
>
> Actually I believe the debian/watch should work as it is.  That is my
> first debian/watch file, though, so I'd like to ask you to double
> check it if there is not too much trouble.

Oh, of course it does work - I had just thought you downloaded a ready-made
archive from some other location, but ...

> The upstream source CMake scripts have a bug: the source doesn't
> compile without the .svn directories.  So, in the first version I used
> 'svn checkout' to download the source instead of 'svn export'.  In
> current version the source tree is clean, and I patched the CMake
> scripts to work without .svn dirs (and informed the upstream author).
> AFAIK the watch file is still tracking the next tagged release.

... as you explained here, this is not the case. I had already noticed that you
needed to do some patching. You might want to ask upstream whether they wouldn't
even want to release such archives themselves instead of asking people to do svn
checkouts.

> > Sure, that's ok. But I'm pretty sure the next version (with a fixed
> > copyright file and possibly an updated debian/watch file) is ready
> > to be uploaded, so please switch over to your desired final version.
>
> Wow, that was easier than I expected.  The version 0.9.2-1 is now
> uploaded in mentors.d.n.  I cleaned the 0.9.2-1~n versions away from
> the changelog.

Built & uploaded (but will have to wait in NEW, probably until release of
squeeze).

I'd like to point you to [1] - if you'd have some time, it would be great if you
could also help others to get their packages reviewed and sponsored. Meanwhile
there have been new RFS sent to the list [2][3] which might be worth taking.

Thanks a lot for your contribution,
Michael

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/10/msg00478.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/10/msg00490.html