Re: RFS: ovito

Hi,

2010/10/29 Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org>:
> I have briefly reviewed your package and it seems the following
> should be fixed before uploading to the archives:

Great, thank you for your effort and the comments!

> - ovito includes an embedded code copy of muparser
>  (src/atomviz/utils/muparser/), which is available as a Debian
>  package and should be used instead.

I would have never found this myself.  How did you noticed it?
The embedded code is still in the source, but the binaries are now
linked against Debian package libmuparser0 instead.  Is that OK?

> - To the best of my knowledge, the archive management software (dak)
>  doesn't yet support .lzma packed orig.tar. files, even though dpkg
>  does. Please use bzip2 or gzip instead.

OK, corrected.

> - The tarball still has the .svn directories, probably upstream
>  didn't properly use svn export for packaging. Please repack the
>  orig.tar file accordingly.

Corrected, the new source is now uploaded with the new version.

> - Lintian has some more information for you:
>  I: ovito: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/ovito.desktop:2 Encoding
>  I: ovito: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/lib/ovito/libCore.so lauch launch
>  I: ovito: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/lib/ovito/libCore.so Unkown Unknown
>  I: ovito: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/lib/ovito/plugins/libAtomViz.so Unkown Unknown

These are now patched, also.  I informed the upstream author about the
relevant issues, and encouraged him to visit them in the next patch release.

The new version with version number 0.9.2-1~2 is now uploaded to
mentors.debian.net:
main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/ovito/ovito_0.9.2-1~2.dsc

Is it Ok to use versions like '0.9.2-1~n' in these trials, and bump
the version to 0.9.2-1 after your final approval?

> Hope this helps,

Yes it did, thanks again!

King regards,
 Pekko Metsä