How about packaging a Java GUI for R?

Dear all

I have found today a nice R GUI written in Java, JGR (speak 'Jaguar').
http://jgr.markushelbig.org/JGR.html

Using CDBS, it was very easy to make draft Debian source packages for it and
its dependancies (r-cran-javagd, r-cran-iplots). The GUI seems to run fine,
althoug a bit slowly, but I suspect it is partially because I am using a
PowerPC machine.

I could of course go forward and make official Debian package, but I am really
affraid that packaging a GUI attracts a lot of user feedback, and I am not sure
that I would be able to cope with it without impairing my Debian Med
activities, which are my priorities. Moreover, I am a complete Java ignorant.

You can then guess the question: who would be interested in co-maintaining the
packages? Would you prefer a Git or a Subversion repository?

(I have CCed Dirk because I do not remember if he is subscribed to that list).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,