Re: BALLView: new package version

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, Andreas Moll wrote:

  Zivilcourage nennt man das, was von einem Mann übriggeblieben ist,
  wenn sein Chef das Zimmer betreten hat!
                -- Wernher Freiherr von Braun (Physiker)
Well, Wernher Freiherr von Braun was imho just one other brilliant german opportunist, but the quote is still correct ;)

Perhaps he had himself in mind?

But, until I have finished my PHD thesis, I am just the will-less slave of my Ph.D. supervisors ;)

;-)

What are you doing if there is a packaging issue that has to be fixed in
the debian directory and needs a new Debian version? Will you release a
new upstream version with unchanged program code?
Oh, I feel a bit schizophrenic right now ;)

This was intended.

I guess such issues can be solved, by the following approach:
A patch in downstream, that modifies the script BALL/debian-upstream/createDebianSource such that it modifies the corresponding files after copying the debian-upstream directory to debian.
Or am I missing something?

Yes: Just leave out the debian directory from upstream source and
everything is fine.