Re: How much interest in a "debian-science.org" repository?

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 04:20:23PM -0500, Carlo Segre wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 03:12:33PM -0500, Carlo Segre wrote:
> >>
> >>The biggest problem with non-free packages, which many science-related
> >>pacakges would fall into, is that there is no automatic buildd system for
> >>them.  I have been trying to get pgplot5 rebuilt with no success.
> >
> >You were not persistent enough ;-)
> >Plus it is currently a bad time to ask for builds of non-free packages,
> >since there is some backlog on most arches. When I last rebuilt pgplot5 for
> >m68k, my machine was probably idling. Can you remind me where to upload
> >non-free packages to?
> >

> Perhaps I should just be more patient...  I am not sure what you mean
> about uploading non-free packages.  I just uploaded pgplot5 the same way
> as any other package, it went into unstable just fine for i386.  Rather, i
> built a mips binary package and uploaded it the same way as the usual
> package with dput.  Perhaps that is not the way to upload a "port"?

Ah, I mixed that up with non-US where you had to use a separate upload
queue. non-free is mentioned in the control file, so it should be fine.
I started the build on m68k and it hasn't failed yet, with a little luck it
will be ready tomorrow.

Christian