Re: How much interest in a "debian-science.org" repository?

On 7/19/06, Frederic Lehobey <Frederic.Lehobey@free.fr> wrote:
Hi,

In short: much.

We have discussed exactly the same idea at the `science' session of
LSM/RMLL (http://www.rmll.info/theme_26) with people already on this
list.  So let's join our forces.

Excellent!

I can't find any slides at that web site, just talk names.  Will
slides or minutes be available later?

I had in my plans to investigate reprepro and mini-dinstall to see if
they could fit our needs (multiple uploaders...).  I have some
experience with dak but it is not so easy to setup properly (and the
current package in the archive is in need of care).

I was thinking of dak, mainly because (to the best of my knowledge)
once set up, it requires very little care and feeding on the part of
the repository maintainer - I think all it needs is a GPG keyring for
the people who will be uploading.  But if you have any dak experience,
it is more than mine :-)  Can you comment on the ease of repository
maintenance with the other software?  I only use apt-ftparchive and
some hand-written scripts for my local repository, but it's very small
and the scripts have to be run again every time a new package or
version is added.

best regards,