Re: publication quality graphs

Hi,

> I am a long-time Matlab user that is trying to migrate to Octave but have been
> having some issues with plotting.  Octave by default uses gnuplot, which I think
> produces very satisfactory plots, but with which I have been having quite a bit
> of trouble exporting the plots to useful files.  Octave also has support for
> plplot (which I noticed was not on your list), but I have no experience with it.

I am using plplot and pgplot from perl/pdl which both are working nice,
there is not much difference in the number of possible functions;
for publications I am using gnuplot since I want to insert my graphs as
tex-files, which can be done from gnuplot very easily.

> Do people have any suggestions for producing nice plots from Octave?  Has anyone
> figured out a good way to print gnuplot plots produced with Octave?  What about
> peoples experience with plplot?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

There is the eps-toolkit (debian package is called octave-epstk), which
produces very nice eps-plots from octave,

Andreas