custom kernels and s390x

I maintain a Debian-specific custom-kernel-building web page at

   http://users.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/Kernel.htm

Although it is Debian-specific, it is not s390x-specific.  However,
I recently (today) revised that web page to contain a couple of
s390x-specific things that may be of interest to subscribers of
this list.

kernel-package does not contain any s390x support in the wheezy
version.  The jessie version of kernel-package attempted to add
s390x support, but it didn't quite work.  I have added links to
my web page listed above to two patches.  The first patch adds s390x
support to the wheezy version of kernel-package.  The second patch
fixes the s390x support in the jessie version of kernel-package.
These links can be found in the last paragraph of "Step 6: Install
kernel-package".

The second update is a tip for how to get "make deb-pkg" to work
on s390x, when it normally does not.  See the "Alternatives"
section for this tip.

Perhaps this information will be useful to at least some of those
who subscribe to this list.

Cheers.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell