Re: dasd-id vol-id

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 13:15:26 -0500 (EST), Tom Huegel wrote:

> I have DEBIAN s390x installed, but I get a lot of these messages at start
> up.
>
>  *udevd[344]: failed to execute '/lib/udev/dasd_id' 'dasd_id --export
> /dev/dasdb': No such file or directory
>
> Can anyone tell me what to do next?
>
> I am a real LINUX beginner but 40 yrs. with VM

This is probably something that needs to be cleaned up, but it does not
appear to be causing any operational problems.  I get the same errors
on my system during boot.  At some point in the boot process, the errors
go away.  I trust it will be addressed eventually.  Philip may wish to
elaborate.  I do not speak for the port team.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :