Re: installing with NFS?

Hi again,

I am hoping that debian-s390 is the correct place to ask
about installation problems with this system, and that the
list is not only for kernel developers. If I am in the wrong
place, please let me know.

Now, regarding my installation problems...

I went back and did the network definitions all over,
and the net *did* come up. So scratch "problem 2". :-)

Using putty I logged in as installer. Using the install
menus, i went to the 'download installer components'
stage, but again, it only allows http and ftp, no sign of NFS.

I tried dropping into a shell to set up the NFS mount:
BusyBox v1.00-pre10 (Debian 20040623-1) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ # mkdir cdrom
~ # mount -t nfs 10.1.20.20:/cdrom /cdrom
mount: Mounting 10.1.20.20:/cdrom on /cdrom failed: No such device
~ #

I know this does work, because from another linux on the
same subnet (which successfully pinged both the debian installer
and the nfs host) I *was* able to perform the mount:
linux02:~ # mount -t nfs 10.1.20.20:/cdrom temp
linux02:~ # ls temp
.   DEBIAN  DOC      MD5SUM.TXT  POOL        README.TXT    README_M.TXT  _DISK
..  DISTS   INSTALL  PICS        README.HTM  README_M.HTM  TOOLS
linux02:~ #

Any help greatly appreciated!
Shimon