Re: 3.0.15 boot-floppies uploaded for s390

On Monday 22 October 2001 10:57, Jae-hwa Park wrote:

> I tried again and followings are the messages from /var/log/messages.
>
> -----
> Oct 22 08:27:59 (none) user.err dbootstrap: Failure trying to run: chroot
> /target dpkg --force-auto-select --force-overwrite --force
>
> Oct 22 08:28:00 (none) user.err dbootstrap: Failure trying to run: chroot
> /target dpkg --force-auto-select --force-overwrite --force

I am still interested in the results of

/usr/sbin/debootstrap --arch s390 sid /target
http://http.us.debian.org:80/debian

since this seems the only way to get useful information about debootstrap
problems.

> So, at this time I entered this system using telnet and run dselect.
> Followings are result of Install menu of dselect.
>
> -----
>

> As I mentioned before, this problem was solved from modification of
> /etc/modules.conf file. (add #This file... line)
>
> However after solving this problem, there were still some problems, I
> think. After making bootable disk step, system doesn't ipl properly like
> below.

The modules.conf problem is related to the dselect problem, but dselect
should only be run after dbootstrap was successful and you have rebooted from
disk.

Gerhard