[dw@nowhere.dk: Re: Questions concerning S/390 OCO-modules]

This was, sort of by incident, mailed directly to James.

----- Forwarded message from Allan Joergensen <dw@nowhere.dk> -----

On 14-Aug-2001, Dorsey James - jdorse wrote:

> IBM needs to release these as source... I don't know what would
> need to happen to convince them that this would be a good thing.
> I suspect most of the community doesn't know that IBM has these closed
> drivers.

FWIW:

The reason that I've heard (and this is directly from an IBM person),
the drivers are OCO is because the specs for the OSA and LSC interfaces are
not public.

We are trying to put some presure on IBM but with little luck so far.

Kind regards,
--
//\\ .. //\\ Allan Joergensen aka [DW] on Undernet

----- End forwarded message -----