Re: Re: source NMU

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 12:46:34AM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> Gerhard currently cannot run an autobuilder on S/390 either.  He built his
> packages under Hercules so far.  However, he is trying to get access to a
> S/390 system.

I see.

> Also, Chu-yeon Park has a S/390 and is willing to give out accounts.
> However, not before the end of June.

I have used the Caiman distribution in Hercules a bit, and it seems to show a
great deal of progress toward an integrated Debian port.

> Another possibility might also be IBM's Community Sysem (see
> http://eltoday.com/article.php3?ltsn=2001-05-07-001-14-PS-LF).  Since you are
> root on the system, it should be possible to chroot in a Debian system and
> build packages there.  Or am I missing anything?

Yes, that seems like a good place for such development.  I've been checking
the pages at

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/os/linux/lcds/index.html

periodically, but it looks like I wasn't fast enough.  The first 100 users seem
to have signed up very quickly, and they are fine-tuning things based on their
feedback.  The page now says:

Please check back during the week of May 14th for further registration information. Some function and performance recommendations from the first stage of users are being implemented. Thank You.

--
 - mdz