DigiCam utils

(I appreciate answers in Russian)

Dear All,

If somebody has played with simple JPG image processing like:

= rotate JPG +/-90 degrees
= convert to a smaller one 2000x1500 -> 640x480 -> 120x80
= changing sharpness and brightness
= save a piece of image to another JPG file

For sure there are plenty of X Windows applications for it but it is very
boring to process _every_ image manually. The idea is to make a script
(bash/xterm) per each such task.

There is also a dream about rotating (+/-90 degrees) of QuickTime movie (AVI
320x240). But I don't think this is possible at all.

If somebody used <gimp> in command line mode with macros for similar tasks then
I would appreciate some examples/advises by direct mail.

PS: I was surprised to see that out-of-the-box PCMCIA recognise a CompactFlash
card with adapter as IDE device. So with some scripts I could possibly avoid
studing/using PhotoShop.

=====
With best regards,
Pavel.