Re: RFH: reliable renaming `ruby-mdl` to `markdownlint

Am Montag, dem 30.01.2023 um 15:15 +0100 schrieb Norwid Behrnd:

> Dear subscribers,
>
> for `ruby-mdl` accepted into branch `testing`, while retaining the commit log to
> Debian, my aim is to adjust its package name into `markdownlint` because this
> corresponds better its character as an application.  I seek advice form here if
> the following approach (so far neither commited to salsa, nor uploaded to the
> debian.mentors page) is

Just a quick reminder: If you rename the package now, it has to go through NEW
again and from there also into Testing. The next freeze is in less than two
weeks. Everything, that is not in Testing by then, will likely not be shipped
with Bookworm. If I were you, I would concentrate on current packaging layout,
make sure to package the latest usptream release and/or fix issues.

There is plenty of time for a rename afterwards. If you still want to do this
now, please make sure to upload to experimental to not block unstable for bug-
fixes or updates.

I haven't read the rest of the mail, sorry. There is plenty of work right now
related to the Paris meeting and the Bookworm freeze dates.

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/