Re: Should we drop ruby-interpreter dependency from all packages which ships a ruby script?

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 06:20:38AM -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 11:26:08AM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is reported against asciidoctor but probably affects more packages.
> >
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=991015
>
> Yes. Even better, we should migrate to using ${ruby:Depends}, which
> already does the right thing.

Also we dropped the `Provides: ruby-interpreter` from the rubyX.Y
packages a while ago (in ruby2.3), so this should only be a problem on
older systems, I would even say only in already non-supported Debian
releases.