Re: RM chef?

Dear Debian Ruby Maintainers,

> Given we discussed about the condition of chef during the sprints (the
> "crazy" renaming of licensing + can be replaced with "tinc"), is it a
> good idea (and time) to file an RM bug for it?

I'd have strong wish to keep the chef-client as an official Debian package and not be required to `gem install chef`, build my own package or roll out some crazy omnibus stuff (and pay the ridiculous license fee).

Do you mean cinc(https://cinc-project.gitlab.io/) when you write tinc?

(it also fails to build against Ruby 2.7)

The chef developers are actively working on this:
https://github.com/chef/chef/issues/9227

What would be the best way for me to help keep chef or cinc in Debian?

Kind regards

Christopher

--
Christopher Huhn
HPC group

GSI Helmholtzzentrum fuer Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstr. 1, 64291 Darmstadt, http://www.gsi.de/

Gesellschaft mit beschraenkter Haftung

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office:                    Darmstadt
Handelsregister       / Commercial Register:
                                        Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528

Geschaeftsfuehrung    / Managing Directors:
                         Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Joerg Blaurock

Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrates /
  Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
                                  Ministerialdirigent Dr. Volkmar Dietz