Re: Status of pry, ruby-method-source, and ruby-listen?

Hello all,

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 07:35:42PM +0530, Praveen A wrote:
> 2013/1/23 Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com>:
> > (Cc:ing owners of ITP bugs for packages.)
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am putting in an effort to package gitlab dependencies (as you
> > might have seen). I stumbled upon a few packages so far that
> > are packaged but not uploaded. Since they were packaged
> > upstream have made new releases which should be packaged.
> >
> > Does anyone know of the status of the following:
> >
> >     pry (ITP: #660619, 0.9.8.2 in pkg-ruby-extras, 0.9.11.4 in upstream)
> >     ruby-method-source (ITP: #657608, 0.8.1 in pkg-ruby-extras and upstream)
> >     ruby-listen (ITP: #693347, no package work available)
> >
> > I'll give it some time, then I'll go ahead and update packages and
> > upload them.
>
> Hi Per,
>
> We are making a similar effort to get diaspora packaged and there will
> be some overlap on some gems. You can see the current work at
> https://gitorious.org/debian-diaspora (we started this when membership
> request was taking too long at alioth). You can see ruby-listen is
> there and you can check what is the current status there.

Please take some care to check it the packages you are creating are
actually needed as a dependency for a Debian package of the applications
you want to get into Debian!

The `listen` gem, for example, is a dependency of guard, which is a
development tool and *should not* be needed for building a Debian
package or for the app's runtime.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>