Re: Mass upload for rubygems-integration!

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 07:42:27PM +0200, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
> Especially for the Debian/Ruby Extras team:
> - If you are one of the main uploaders of a package, we ask you to do
>   the upload as soon as possible.  If we notice that there is not so
>   much activity from the uploaders on Tuesday and especially on Friday,
>   we will upload it for you.
>
> - Antonio and I have added two scripts to the pkg-ruby-extras
>   repository[2]:
>   * needs-gemspec-install: lists (locally!) the packages that still
>     need to be processed;
>   * add-gemspec-install: updates the necessary build-depend in
>     debian/control of a packages, signs and uploads it.
>   Don't forget to also run quick-update to keep track of what others
>   are doing!

Although we have a nice script for automatic updating, I do want to ask
you to not just upload with a gem2deb >= 0.3.0  build-depend bump, but
also to:
- take care of lintian items/warning/errors,
- fix important and RC bugs if they have easy fixes,
- include new upstream.
As far as I could see, a lot of library have new upstream releases which
are not major, so mainly bugfix releases.  It would be nice to have
these also in Wheezy of course.

Thanks again,
Paul

--