Re: New version of ruby-polyglot ready for upload

On 07:22 Mon 22 Aug     , Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 20/08/11 at 22:14 +0530, Vasudev Kamath wrote:
> > Hello Antonio, Lucas
> >
> > Now I've really messed things up. I messed my local repo and finally
> > deleted it and cloned fresh one from the git.debian.org but for some
> > reason I'm not getting upstream and pristine-tar brances but these
> > branches are visible in the gitweb [1]
> >
> > I'm bit confused. Am I missing something while cloning.
>
> Most likely, yes. You need to track the upstream and pristine-tar
> branch.
>
> The easiest way to do that is to checkout the whole team repository
> using mr (see the team's wiki page). Alternatively, you can:
>
> a) look at our mrconfig:
>         git clone git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-ruby-extras/$1.git &&
>         cd $1 &&
>         { git branch --track upstream remotes/origin/upstream || true; } &&
>         { git branch --track pristine-tar remotes/origin/pristine-tar || true; }
>
> b) use gbp-clone
Ok "git branch --track" did the trick, thanks Lucas. Here is what I
did
git checkout pristine-tar
pristine-tar commit ../ruby-polyglot_0.3.2.orig.tar.gz

and it created the pristine-tar info.

I've pushed the changes back to server. Though I couldn't delete tag
debian/0.3.2-1 on remote :( I hope its okay for this time

Regards

--
Vasudev Kamath
http://blog.copyninja.info